November 24, 2010

Wireless X12 Taser LLS Stun Gun



I love reporting on the latest in weaponry. I’m sure that a lot of people will call me a little twisted, but I just can’t think of a cooler gadget than the latest weapon.
This particular stun gun, the X12 Taser LLS, had me when it was described as a “wireless taser”. Perhaps I also have an affinity for all things wireless. I mean, we have wireless computers and phones, why not wireless tasers? After all, those wires that zip out of most tasers can tangle very easily.
The LLS stands for Less Lethal Shotgun, and it is able to fire a charged round from up to 88 feet away. According to a Press Release, “it can pentrate clothing and transmit electrical impulses, causing the body to be temporarily paralyzed, unlike conventional stun guns which cause immobility by causing pain”.
In other words, someone might have you in their sight before you say “don’t tase me, bro”. I’m sure that you really don’t want to get hit by one of these guys, really.
The X12 Taser LLS is due to come out in June, but I’m guessing that it won’t be available to the general public. Hopefully, it won’t be too expensive, because SWAT teams in today’s economy might opt for cheaper and more lethal rifles.

38 comments:

  1. I don't know if it was a joke, but this isn't a toy but an actual weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. Good to see another less than lethal option for law enforcment

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'll teach 'em not to vote Palin on "Dancing With Stars".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prolly wont catch on other then a department geting one of these. unfortunately police need lethal weapons

    ReplyDelete
  5. wtf? a taser shotgun...i dont appreciate this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and don't worry; I love updating my blog and reviewing gadgets I buy or hear about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cool! I didn't know this existed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gadget, at least is non-lethal stuff =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like non-lethal weaponry is getting more and more advanced. Good post and I'll hope to see more posts like this because i did't quite found a good blog about weapons and gadgets yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might not post about weapons often since my posts are mostly related to conceptual gadgets and soon will be a bit more related to PC/Gaming since the poll took this direction. Yet, if I find anything else related to weapons worth blogging about, be sure I will!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad it's not available for the public. I'd like to try it out, but I guess it'd be a waste to fire tasers at paper targets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen a video on youtube about some random people trying it out. It doesn't even seems to be hard for the shoulder! Look it up via my youtube video.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's insane, non lethal but stun guns will hurt like hell. Still awesome, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Note to self: Don't get shot by one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remind me not to get in a gun fight with the police!

    ReplyDelete
  16. a wireless taser that is one cool fuckin gun

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing weapon. I wonder what kind of guns will be made in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You gotta wonder if it's even worth being a criminal anymore. I wouldn't even want to risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the name, "Less Lethal Shotgun". Not Non Lethal, but LESS lethal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. heard about this, a great non lethal weapon

    ReplyDelete
  21. LLS? I want the MLS haha
    Looks cool though

    ReplyDelete
  22. 88 yards, that's pretty intense. I had a chance to look into these not long ago, as well as some other pretty cool new gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It amazes me the things they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have only one thing to say to this. OUCH GODDAMN

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now you can taze people from a comfortable distance. :P

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those prongs at the end of the round looks like it can puncture an artery.

    ReplyDelete
  27. fukin taser should be banned.

    police dont need non-lethal weapons... its just incentive to abuse their power (and teaser innocent people)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Wow I cant wait to be shot by one of these :/

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is a sweet piece of machinery. I'm kind of sad knowing that the only people with access to them are those who are going to abuse its power.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i was hoping for a live demonstration in that video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Waw this has win written all over it! Wireless can help or hinder would be criminals! And the cat/mouse/cheese game continues.

    ReplyDelete