November 21, 2010

Watch this Micromouse do a maze in 5 seconds, eventually


This micromouse robot competition is some international event that involves a tiny automated robotic mouse that goes through a maze, studying every possible turn, and then restarts, going through the maze as fast as possible.
Go ahead and watch the video after the jump so you can see the mouse go slowly through the maze and then speed through it in about five seconds. Granted, it takes a while before the video gets to that point, but this is one of those vids where you want to see all the opening acts before the final show.
There are a couple of things worth noting. You will see that the mouse takes paths that you probably wouldn’t take if you were actually going through a maze like this. I mean, what human would deliberately go down a clearly visible dead end?
The other thing to notice is that you, as a human being, could probably not remember as good as this micromouse here. Just try running through a maze and figuring out where to go, without a pen and paper or even a piece of string. Then try starting from the very beginning and run it in five seconds.
The last thing that you should notice is the lower right hand corner. The letters “A-L-F” are clearly seen. Some maze-maker a big ALF fan? Ha-ha! I kill me! (That’s from the TV show ALF in case you didn’t get that joke.)



Edit : wow, I can't believe I've reached the 100 followers so fast! Thanks to everybody, this means a lot to me! Here is the link of my 100th follower's blog since I can't find any better idea of what to do with this since I got aware of this about ten minutes ago! http://killerkun.blogspot.com//

32 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that is totally awesome

    I just hope this isn't the start of skynet

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should put a real mouse in there. Then see which finishes first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to vote in the latest poll! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming to check out my blog! The best advice i can give you for a very fruity aroma is a Pinot Grigio. Preferably an Italian one, two that come to mind that are of superior quality for a low price are VOGA and Primaterra. Very cutesy too, so I'm pretty sure she'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the advice, planned to do a little diner at the end of the week. I will be looking for these at the local store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow faster than i could ever do it haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is by far the coolest thing I have seen today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Imagine in a few years when they can use that technology on a much wider spread.

    You could get lost and just drop one of those bad boys and have it find the way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, that was really impressive. It must have been fun to make that xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. how about a robocat to eat that thing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fucking Japan, they're always doing crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. seen this once before, the work gone into that mouse is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it went through that maze quite fast. Now it needs a bigger maze.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man that's a nice vid. Love technology!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so cool, if I was there I'd be exclaiming too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Technology is awesome!
    micromouse vs real mouse shold be interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. thats an awesome video, great post man

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's amazing, I don't know what could somebody use that, but it's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks interesting

    Thumbs up for cool technology :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. there are no traps in that maze..i demand traps!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. at first I thought this is a real mouse:D

    ReplyDelete
  22. cool video, I wonder what you could use that for

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is an AWESOME toy! I would love to see what a bunch of them could do.

    ReplyDelete