November 15, 2010

Jeans made to shock pickpockets


In my home area I’m not in the slightest bit concerned about someone picking through my pockets.  However, no one in a large and strange city doesn’t realize the risk you run when you let on that you’re a tourist.  Even if you live in a city all of the time, as soon as you get into a crowded area you’re abundantly aware of how easy it’d be for someone to swipe your wallet and the thief to disappear into the crowd.  Thankfully one person created a kit to attempt to keep pickpockets from being successful.
You just fit a small battery-operated kit into the garment.  After you’ve gotten it all set up in your jeans and flipped the on switch, anyone that tries to remove your wallet will receive a 220-volt shock.  To protect you from getting the same shock there is a rubber coating that, Syam Chaurasia, slipped into the pockets.  This isn’t currently up for sale just yet, but the creator has hopes that he could connect with a company to help him sell these.

23 comments:

  1. Interesting post, of course the pickpocketing theifs would receive this shock. but what about the person trying to take their wallet to pay something do they receive the same shock. crazy world mr. bouchard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an ON/OFF switch as I said, yet you could forget about it and get yourself a shock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got pickpocketed twice in the last 5 years. One time I lost a wallet with like 200 Euros while traveling in Spain. This thing is badass

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, that's very useful, I'll buy one of those once come my pay-day =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see this as more of a problem for YOU, rather than the thief lol. Interesting item,nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as you don't chock yourself.
    Following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, that sounds great :p !
    thanks for sharing that kind of info :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. id shock myself all the time, i put my hands in my pockets just to stand and idle. ...*ZAP*

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've been pick pocketed before, I could have used this when I went to Spain lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep my wallet in my front pocket, so the chances of getting pickpocketted is almost none.

    Sounds like kind of a silly idea regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to see a reaction of guy who got electro shocked my by pants - awesome ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope some idiots will get owned by this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is something that I would need before I go on my next vacation

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't need it where I live but this is pretty cool. Hope someone manufactures these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good idea, but i don´t get how do you pick your on wallet without getting a shock =P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never been pickpockted, so I have no idea how aggrevating that really must be!!

    This sounds really neat, wonder how much they will end up costing, haha!! Thanks for another great post man, they brighten my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ehhhh sounds kind of risky. what if i sit down and get shocked?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Americans aren't as worried about pick pockets as everyone overseas. It doesn't seem like we have a major issue with it here. Not to say it doesn't happen at all. Just not nearly as common.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I guess you may want to get a twitter button to your website. Just bookmarked the url, although I must make this by hand. Just my $.02 :)

    ReplyDelete